Parker Theatre is closely monitoring the developments related to COVID-19.
We are currently prohibited from gathering large groups. We will update as we receive more information.
We will be postponing performances at this time and waiting to hear more news and recommendations. If you have tickets, the box office will contact you to reschedule your dates. Our current plan is to move performance dates for late April and May. We will have an update on Cinderella as soon as we have a clearer picture.
Parker Theatre Updates
So much to say but we will keep it as tight as possible. "This is temporary, our community will overcome these challenges." - Jimmy Parker, Executive Director
NUMBERS (March 1-24)
Unfortunately we have had to layoff the majority of our part time staff and artists as production and performances are on hold.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
1. Moved our theatre school classes online!
2. We have applied for deferred mortgage payments on the Main Theatre. We own the Studio!
3. Asking to defer rent to our shops and storage.
4. iClassPro Software which manages our theatre school has offered small grants in which we have applied.
5. We had already applied for our major grants in the first quarter. We have reached out to foundations and donors as to what additional funding or applications can be made.
6. Governor Herbert has signed to open the SBA program to include nonprofits. Loans are a last resort, but may be necessary. Utah Cultural Alliance is advocating for nonprofits. Utah Division of Arts and Museums are also strategizing and pleading with lawmakers to add additional funding to their budget. Additional Federal Aid will most likely be available.
7. Keeping the lights off and heat low. Being as efficient as possible.
8. Brainstorming safe and practical ways to serve you theatre content.
9. Keeping the community at large in our thoughts and prayers.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
1. Renew or become a 2020-21 Season Ticket Holder. We are so excited about it!
2. Enroll in our new Online Theatre School. (your kids are probably saying "bored" often and it supports us during the next two months.
3. Sign up for Summer Camps.
4. Be patient with our current shows. We are doing everything we can to return our 2019-20 titles back to the stage. When we know more, we will tell you ASAP. All current ticket orders are still in our system.
5. Make a donation online!
6. As always tell a friend about us, or ask that wealthy uncle to write a check.
7. Sign up for Amazon Smile. Search and select Children's Theatre and School of the Arts, Inc. Every purchase you make when shopping with smile activated will support the theatre!
Center for Disease Control website on COVID-19
Thank you for continuing to support us. If you choose not to attend please consider a donation to keep our theatre running!